You know me. I am not organized, always late, lose stuff all the time, get lost, etc. I always expected that my parenting style would be like this. I could make it work. I managed to be that way but still be responsible, independent, contributing, and what not.
It has taken me this long to accept the fact that I don't get to make that choice. Funny how I thought I was in charge and then I wasn't so much. My life requires me to be the opposite kind of parent. Now I have to successfully blend the "super nanny- organized everything-consistent-Mom" with my true hippie self. I think I can do it.
Yesterday I made four behavior reward charts, two for each kid, then I told the kids the plans, showed them the things that could be earned, and started them up. That was before I got ready for work. I'm just saying.
Wish me luck with this, please. I think I'm going to need it.
Thursday, April 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment