...that I post today. It is World Autism Day. We all wore blue. And Gio had an extra shot of the Autism today. Let me say, firstly. I speak lightly sometimes because it's who I am. I mean no disrespect. So...Gio. I don't think he stopped humming all evening. I got home just before five and he was cracked out. It was painfully obvious that there wasn't school today. Damn. Millie was particularly needy as well, but Gio hasn't been that stimmy in a while.This happened:
Me: Pick up your pants.
Gio: (bends down, reaches for pants, gets distracted by a toy on the floor between his hand and the pants, picked up the toy)
Me: Uh-oh. You forgot. (removing toy from his hand). Pick up your pants.
Gio: (picks up pants)....
you know how it goes. We were changing his third pair of soiled underpants.
While I was trying to order pizza online, I hear humming in the kitchen, then a crashing kind of noise (like the sound of a pint size drinking glass being broken in the stainless steel sink). I run to the kitchen. Show Gio the glass, talk to him about throwing dishes in the sink. I got a bag and started to clean glass out of the sink. I look out my kitchen window into my unfenced front yard and I see my dog running around. And then this...
Me: Gio. Did you let johnelway outside?
Gio: Yes.
Me: Buddy, you cannot let johnelway outside.
Gio: Yes I can!
Me: Only grownups can let him out. Gio may not let out the dog. Okay?
Gio: Okay
...blah blah, don't worry, fellow behavioral folks. I represented and what not.
After letting the dog back in the house, I finished cleaning glass out of the sink and then completed my online pizza order.
He was so unable to concentrate. I had him do heavy work. He rolled the trampoline from his room to the play room and we chased bubbles in the front yard for a half an hour. We had our friends over, which was pretty exciting. But, wow. Laurel can attest!
I was sitting here thinking about how we had a particularly autistic day on World Autism Day. I don't think that was the idea...oops...
Friday, April 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment