I finally took the kids to a sensory-friendly screening of a movie. These are awesome. They are promoted by the Autism Society of America. Check them out.
http://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer?pagename=sensoryfilms
We had a blasty! Gio brought his "bag" that he likes to hide in and we rocked it at the movies! He sat quietly and watched the whole movie. He only sat in my lap for two minutes. Millie asked a ton of questions and it was okay. I never had to shush either of them.
It wasn't until I felt so comfortable and relaxed while I was at the movie that I realized that I don't usually feel that way. I am stressed about looks from uninformed/intolerant people; about tantrums; about losing my mind...
I feel better, more confident in how we roll, if you will. I will be taking Gio's bag more places. What?!
Monday, April 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment